AMSOIL DOMINATOR RACING STRICTLY SHOOTOUT
presented by FOUR SEASON SYNTHETIC – YOUR AMSOIL FACTORY CONNECTION
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 @ 4:00pm
Four Season Synthetic – “Your Amsoil Factory Connection” has come on board as the title sponsor for the 2017 Strictly Shootout at Wiscasset Speedway on Saturday, September 30th @4pm.
Renamed “THE AMSOIL DOMINATOR STRICTLY SHOOTOUT“. The 40 lap shootout style race, created by longtime racer Dave Brannon, is now in its 5th season and will once again draw the top Strictly Street, Wildcat, and Outlaw drivers from northern New England. Past winners of the shootout include Kurt Hewins, Kyle Hewins, Corey Morgan, and Cole Watson.
For information on the line of Amsoil Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil, contact Lee Mortenson at Four Season Synthetic www.fourseasonsynthetic.com or call (877) 761-8375
CONGRATULATIONS KYLE HEWINS
WINNER OF 2017 AMSOIL DOMINATOR STRICTLY SHOOTOUT !!
QUESTIONS / COMMENTS = DAVE BRANNON (207) 504 – 3114
|4||21||Zach Nicholson||Ctr Ossipee||40||8.908|
|13||61||Matt Dufault||Turner||40*||1 lap penalty (post race tech)|
|14||17||Gary Davis||Harrison||40*||1 lap penalty (post race tech)|
|15||1||Bill Childs||Leeds||40*||1 lap penalty (post race tech)|
|16||42||Dylan Varney||Windham||39||1 Lap|
|17||66||James Grover Jr||Newcastle||38||2 Laps|
|18||2||Paul Hopkins||Camden||37||3 Laps|
|19||82||Chaz Briggs||Westbrook||33||7 Laps|
|20||36||Richard Spaulding||Lisbon||30||10 Laps|
|21||12||Parker Varney||Windham||24||16 Laps|
|22||3||Maurice Young||Chelsea||8||32 Laps|
|23||36X||Nate Leavitt||Scarborough||8||32 Laps|
|24||5||Mike Ramsey||Dayton||8||32 Laps|
|25||82||Jacob Michaud||Lebanon||0||40 Laps|
|26||51x||Bryan Robbins||Montville||0||40 Laps|
|27||5||Brett Osmond||Wiscasset||0||40 Laps|
|28||45||Cole Watson||Naples||0||40 Laps|
|29||28||David Cameron||Alfred||0||40 Laps|
2017 AMSOIL DOMINATOR STRICTLY SHOOTOUT RULES
QUESTIONS = CONTACT DAVE BRANNON (207) 504 – 3114
1. SUSPENSION: Stock, Stock, Stock. Stock pieces in stock locations. No aftermarket, no shop built.
Exceptions. Racing springs allowed. Front and rear adjustable cups/jacking bolts allowed
- Shocks: must be stock replacement non-adjustable 60/40, 50/50, or 40/60 shocks and struts. NO QA-1 or Bilsteins.
- Pros and AVCO allowed.
- Leaf springs: must be steel and have a minimum of 4 leafs. Stock mounts on forward mount and shackles on aft. No sliders or adjustable lowering blocks.
- Upper “A” arm/strut mount may be repositioned to gain camber.
- 4-link cars may redrill upper rear trailing arms to gain pinion angle. No slotting of hole
2. WHEELS / TIRES / RIDE HEIGHT
- Ride Height: 6” minimum height on all cars. This includes nose pieces and side skirts.
- Wheelbase: MUST match declared chassis.
- Wheels/Tires: 7” or 8” steel wheel only, any offset.
- Hoosier 850’s
- Hoosier 790’s
- American Racer 705. (7” or 8”)
- Note: The premise of the Shootout is for drivers to use their existing end of season tire inventory. However, teams who need to will be permitted to purchase up to 2 new tires. Selection of Hoosier tires may be limited and are available at Wiscasset on Friday 9/29 or Saturday 9/30
- Durometer Rule 7″ rims = 52 / 8″ rims = 57
- Track Width: 64 ½” No exceptions.
- Spoiler: 5”x60 spoiler allowed. Must be centered on the rear of the car. Top of spoiler must be within 43” of the track surface.
- Weight: Minimum of 2,900 lbs with driver. Maximum 54% left side weight. Cars will be checked multiple times throughout the event.
4. ENGINE / TRANSMISSION
- Engine: Small Block ONLY. Must be in stock location. No roller parts. 450 maximum valve lift measured at the valve. Max 10.2:1 compression.
- Carburetors: Stock Holly 4412 or Rochester 2 barrel. Must pass tech tools. No HPs or VDLs. No air bleeds.
- Intake: stock cast iron 2 barrel. Aluminum 2101 or 2116 on built motors. Carb adapter: Must use MR gasket #1929, #1937 or #1939.
- Transmission: Stock 3 or 4 speed automatic or cast iron Saginaw 3-speed manual. Stock clutch, pressure plate and/or torque converter.
5. EXHAUST: Stock CAST IRON exhaust manifolds.
Exception: Cars may run 1 5/8” tube headers with a 100lb penalty and the loss of .5% left side weight. (53.5%/3000lbs).
6. BODY: All panels must be steel. Firewalls must be in stock location and match chassis declared.
Exception: Hood may be fiberglass with a max 2” scoop. The entire engine must be under the hood. Yes, the air cleaner is part of the engine.
Attendance at Driver’s Meeting is mandatory.
Transponders are required
- Open Draw (following drivers meeting)
- 30 cars will qualify for the feature event through three qualifying heats and 1 consolation race.
- The top 7 cars in each heat will transfer directly to the feature event.
- The top 5 in the consolation race will transfer to the feature event.
- There will be a minimum of 4 provisional positions chosen by Wiscasset Speedway.
- Wiscasset Speedway reserves the right to alter the number of laps for any of the races or change the format of the shootout.
- Following all qualifying races, up to 21 cars will be inverted in starting order (chip draw from fan)
- subject to change based on the number of entries
- 40 green flag laps
- no mandatory pit stop
- you cannot lose a lap under caution, but cars that pit will be re-lined at the rear of the field in the order that you come out of the pit
- Standard Wiscasset Speedway race procedures apply unless noted
PAYOUT & CONTINGENCY PRIZES.
PAYOUT 2017 SHOOTOUT (30 car field)
does not include lap leader money or other contingency awards (see below)
1st= $400; 2nd= $300; 3rd= $200; 4th= $175; 5th= $150; 6th= $140; 7th = $130; 8th= $120; 9th= $115; 10th= $100; 11th= $100; 12th= $95; 13th= $95; 14th= $90; 15th= $90; 16th= $85; 17th= $85; 18th= $85; 19th= $85; 20th= $85; 21st= $80; 22nd= $80; 23rd= $80; 24th= $80; 25th= $80; 26th= $75; 27th= $75; 28th= $75; 29th= $75; 30th= $75
LAP SPONSOR MONEY ($25 PER LAP)
$12.50 leader / $7.50 2nd / $5.00 3rd (each lap)
1. TURNING HEADS SALON
2 FIRST CHOICE HEATING & COOLING – BRUNSWICK
3 LYN’S SPRING SERVICE – NEW GLOUCESTER
4 LYN’S SPRING SERVICE – NEW GLOUCESTER
5 EMBROIDERY EXPERTEES – SANFORD
6 FIRST CHOICE HEATING & COOLING – BRUNSWICK
9 MAINELY MOTORSPORTS TV
12 FIRST CHOICE HEATING & COOLING – BRUNSWICK
13 TANGLES HAIR SALON
14 TANGLES HAIR SALON
15 LYN’S SPRING SERVICE – NEW GLOUCESTER
17 FIRST CHOICE HEATING & COOLING – BRUNSWICK
20 TOP GUN CONSTRUCTION – GORHAM
21 TURNING HEADS SALON
23 YANKEE YARD WORKS
24 YANKEE YARD WORKS
25 MAINELY AWARDS
26 (GARY) IN MEMORY OF BOB STUDLEY – BONUS LAP
33 TANGLES HAIR SALON
34 TANGLES HAIR SALON
35 LYN’S SPRING SERVICE – NEW GLOUCESTER
40 TOP GUN CONSTRUCTION – GORHAM
HEAT 1 SPONSOR = BREAKNECK RC SPEEDWAY of Livermore ($75 winner, $50 2nd, $25 3rd)
HEAT 2 SPONSOR = TURNING HEADS HAIR SALON ($75 winner, $50 2nd, $25 3rd)
HEAT 3 SPONSOR = MAXWELL’S MARKET of Wiscasset ($75 winner, $50 2nd, $25 3rd)
ADDITIONAL CONTINGENCY PRIZES
- SPENCER MORSE RACING – $200 to highest finishing metric Monte Carlo
- MAINELY AWARDS – $50 Gift Certificate to finishing positions 9, 12, 14, 22, 24