Rule changes highlighted in red.
*TECH QUESTIONS – WISCASSETSPEEDWAY@GMAIL.COM
NOTE = USE OF RACE-CEIVERS (OR MONITORING OF TRACK RACE-CEIVER FREQUENCY) WILL BE MANDATORY FOR ALL CLASSES FOR THE 2017 SEASON.
* RACEceiver Frequency = 454.000
Outlaw Mini’s continue to be an exciting division of Saturday night racing at Wiscasset Speedway! The following rules are a continued effort by division participants working together for division growth with respect to car variations, affordability and fairness of competition. While we understand these rules may not be perfect and may not encompass all cars, we request they not be interpreted as opportunities to cheat and/or discover loopholes to gain advantage. We shall always welcome and work to accommodate all who respectfully meet the spirit of the rules and desire to join us racing Outlaw Mini’s at Wiscasset Speedway.
DRIVER SAFETY REQUIREMENTS – drivers must wear the following required items at all times while on the racing surface.
- One or two piece long sleeve SFI approved fire resistant suit in good condition and free of rips, tears or holes.
- Fire resistant shoes and gloves.
- Snell Foundation approved helmet dated no older than 1995 and in good condition.
- Face shield, glasses or goggles.
Highly Recommended not required
- Fire resistant underwear, socks, and head stocking.
- Head and neck support/restraint safety device.
- Any mass produced four (4) cylinder passenger cars.
- Two (2) or four (4) door models permitted. No convertibles, minivans or trucks.
- Front engines only.
- No all-wheel drives, all-wheel drive conversions or 4×4’s will be allowed.
RACE CAR SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum roll cage tubing specification one and one half (1½) inch x point zero nine five (.095) inch DOM or seamless tubing. In the interest of safety, water tubing, exhaust tubing, etc. is unacceptable.
- Minimum four (4) point roll cage is required. In addition to the required four (4) point roll cage, the structure may extend to the front as far as the radiator support and to the rear to sufficiently protect the fuel cell. Left side must have a minimum of three (3) horizontal bars with spacers. Right side must have a minimum of three (3) horizontal bars with spacers or an “X” and two (2) horizontal bars.
- A minimum of sixteen (16) gauge steel plate of sufficient length and width as to protect the driver must be welded to the roll cage.
- Any bar within the drivers reach must be padded with an approved product. Pipe insulation will not be acceptable.
- Front and rear firewall must be completely sealed from the driver compartment with sheet steel similar in thickness to existing car structure and securely welded.
- All welds are to be of high quality and must completely surround the joint. Absolutely no butt welds or sharp edges anywhere.
- Steering wheel may be replaced with a removable made for racing unit. All steering wheels must have a center pad.
- Maximum twelve (12) gallon fuel cell, in a steel container with a check/rollover valve in the vent line; secured with two (2) straps front to rear and two (2) straps left to right. The minimum dimension of strap material is eighth (1/8) inch x one and one half (1½) inch.
- All fuel filters must be of metal construction. No plastic, glass or other material will be allowed.
- Any line containing a combustible material must be metal and routed outside of the driver compartment.
- Electric fuel pumps must be wired through a low oil pressure cut off switch.
- Five point quick release harness system in good condition mounted with three eighths (3/8) inch bolts minimum Grade 8, washers and locking nuts. These must be attached at two (2) separate points on the frame, equal distance from the seat back and not less than twelve (12) inches apart. (See manufacturer instructions for details). Sternum belts are highly recommended.
- Aluminum racing seat with right and left head supports. Seat must be mounted and attached securely to the cage.
- Racing regulation window net with quick release attachment required to be securely installed on driver side window. Plastic, plastic brackets, tape, wire or any other makeshift window net creation and/or mounting devices will not be acceptable. Window nets must be securely fastened at all times when car is on racing surface.
- Minimum three (3) pound fire extinguisher mounted with quick release metal bracket within reach of driver when belted in. Extinguisher must be operational with full gauge reading. Plastic brackets, tape, wire or other makeshift mounting devices will not be acceptable.
- Must resemble a stock body automobile. Bodies and chassis may be interchanged amongst manufacturer. Engines and bodies must be from the same manufacturer. No dirt or wedge style noses. Rear of body must be enclosed.
- Aluminum and Fiberglass bodies allowed.
- Hood and deck lids must have all bracing removed and be tethered to the car.
- Sun roof must be covered with sheet steel of similar thickness to existing roof structure and welded into place. No “T” tops.
- Original equipment windshield (safety glass) in good condition may be used. Minimum eighth (1/8) inch Lexan windshield is allowed with at least one (1) support strap installed close to center. All other glass and combustible material must be completely removed.
- One (1) inside mirror no larger than three (3) inches x twelve (12) inches and one (1) left side mounted mirror no larger than five (5) inches x five (5) inches is allowed.
- Spoilers may be a maximum of five (5) inches tall and fifty-eight (58) inches wide.
- Bumpers are required to have a retention chain/cable at both ends.
- Rub rails mounted tight against the body are allowed.
- Lifting/towing chains or cables must be installed both at the front and the rear of the race car are required. Absolutely No Exception.
- Any tube or stock type chassis shall be allowed. Definition of Tube Chassis – Any purpose built made for racing chassis. Definition of Floor Pan Car – Must utilize the majority of OE/as produced vehicle structure. Outside of the main roll cage structure a basic front and rear hoop for crash and component protection is allowed.
- Pipes must be a minimum of one and one half (1½) inch x point zero nine five (.095) inch wall.
- Frame tubing must a minimum of two (2) inch x two (2) inch x point one two five (.125) inch wall.
- Fabricated tube chassis wheelbase minimum ninety six (96) inches.
- Any radiator that fits under the hood is allowed.
- Water and a cooling additive only. No antifreeze allowed.
- Must have a minimum one (1) quart capacity sealed overflow container.
- Car must not have fluid leaks of any kind.
- No forced air induction (turbocharger/supercharger) allowed.
- Battery may be relocated. Battery must be in a sealed battery box and properly secured.
- Exhaust system with a muffler is required and must extend past the drivers compartment turning down toward the ground with the end of exhaust system under the race car, not out the side or the rear of the race car.
- Transmission/Trans Axle may be of any production.
- Car must have functional reverse gear.
- Driveshaft must be steel and painted white.
- Driveshaft loop required near the front of the driveshaft with material specification minimum of one-quarter (1/4) inch x two (2) inches. Rear driveshaft loop is recommended.
- Differential/Trans Axle may be locked.
- Your choice of four (4) inch ride height is lowest point or five (5) inches to floor board.
- Four (4) inch minimum clearance to ground effects.
- Track Width shall be sixty-four (64) inches maximum measuring from center to center.
- All springs will be allowed.
- Wedge adjusters will be allowed.
- All sway bars will be allowed.
- Shocks must be steel, smooth body, sealed, and non-adjustable/rebuild-able.
- After market suspension parts will be allowed.
- Traction Control will not be allowed.
WHEELS – BRAKES – TIRES
- Wheel size up to eight (8) inch maximum.
- Steel wheels required for all cars.
- Every wheel must have all wheel studs with required one (1) inch lug nuts.
- All four wheels must have brakes in good condition.
- Brakes must be OEM or OEM replacement type.
- Cars may be converted to rear disk brakes using production model parts from any make or model.
- Aftermarket brake pedal assemblies with bias control are permitted.
- All tires must be the same size and style – no mixing tire brands or styles. Slicks will not be allowed.
- Commonly available DOT treaded tire seven (7) inches maximum or Wiscasset Speedway Official Track Tire = Hoosier 23.5/7.0/13 Rib Compound 800 and 23.0/7.0/13 Rib Compound 800.
- Wiscasset Speedway shall keep a registered inventory of tires for each Outlaw Mini team with all tires being registered to the car number. Outlaw Mini teams shall be responsible for their own tire management. Wiscasset Speedway will not impound, manage or provide storage for team tires.
- From April 8th to May 6th, Outlaw Mini teams shall have the option to purchase a maximum of six (6) new tires to begin their registered tire inventory for the 2017 racing season. Beginning May 6th, on actual Outlaw Mini racing events thereafter, teams shall have the option to purchase a maximum of one (1) new tire for their registered tire inventory. Should the option of one (1) new tire purchase not be exercised, the option is forfeited. All tires shall be registered to the car number.
- Outlaw Mini teams arriving to race after May 6th shall have the option to purchase a maximum of four (4) new tires to begin their registered tire inventory and on actual Outlaw Mini racing events thereafter, shall have the option of purchasing a maximum of one (1) new tire for their registered tire inventory. Should the option of one (1) new tire purchase not be exercised, the option shall be forfeited. All tires shall be registered to the car number.
- Should a tire be damaged during the race event, it shall be the responsibility of the race team to present the damaged tire that day and within a timely manner to Tech for inspection. All tire replacements must have a written record with Tech regarding inspection and approval for replacement. Only tires with 50% or more tread will be eligible for replacement. Replacement of damaged tires will be limited to three (3) for the season. No Exceptions..
- While all cars are subject to random testing at the discretion of Tech, durometer testing will be conducted after heats and features of the top five (5) cars. Failure to meet the required number set and recorded by Tech will be subject to the following penalty – Heats = forfeit heat points, start feature at rear of field and illegal tire held at Tech until the end of the race event. Features = Full DQ. Illegal tire not to used again until cleared with Tech.
- Speedway management reserves the right to modify tire rules in conjunction with division needs & concerns
- Twenty five hundred (2500) cc maximum.
- .04 maximum overbore will be allowed.
- Expanded/Racing oil pans will be allowed.
- Dry sump pumps will not be allowed.
- After market pulleys will be allowed.
- The only alteration allowed to the required O.E.M. cylinder head casting is that it may be port matched up to one half (1/2) inch from the gasket surface on both intake and exhaust.
- Aftermarket heads will not be allowed.
- Roller valve train parts allowed only if OEM parts. No aftermarket.
- All cams will be allowed.
- All pistons will be allowed.
- Connecting rods must be steel.
- Variable valve timing will be allowed.
- Knife edging cranks will not be allowed.
- Maximum compression ratio is 12:1
- Other than port matching as noted in Engine #6 the only intake manifold modification allowed will be to facilitate carburetor installation.
- Headers will be allowed.
- Aftermarket intake manifolds will not be allowed.
- No material may be added to the intake manifold. No welding, epoxy or other material. To facilitate installing a carburetor on a fuel injected engine an adapter up to three quarter (3/4) inch thick may be used OR an adapter up to three quarter (3/4) inch thick may be used to adapt a carburetor to the cylinder head.
- Any stock ignition or MSD will be allowed.
- EFI: Fuel injection allowed. Fuel injection computer must be stock OEM style computer, factory computer upgrades allowed. Chips and flashers allowed to re-tune settings. Must use the actual factory computer unit. NO STAND ALONE. Any size fuel injectors may be used. Any size throttle body may be used for fuel injection.
- Carburetors are allowed – maximum 500 cfm.
- Turbochargers will not be allowed.
- Car weights are race ready, full of fuel and with driver in the seat.
- Floor Pan Cars – Minimum twenty-two hundred (2200) pounds.
- Tube/Pro 4 Cars – Minimum twenty-three hundred (2300) pounds.
- Left side maximum is fifty-six percent (56%).
- Refueling after the race will not be allowed.
- All ballast weight must be located outside of the driver compartment with each piece attached with a minimum of two (2) three eighths (3/8) inch bolts, washers and locking nuts.
- All weight must be lead with each piece painted white and display car number.
- Double overhead cams…………………………..+50 lbs.
- Variable cam timing………………………………+75 lbs.
- Tube chassis cars with longitudinal engine placement will receive no weight break.
NUMBERING – LETTERING
- All car numbers are assigned and registered by Wiscasset Speedway.
- When changing divisions, a new number will be assigned.
- Car numbers must be a minimum of eighteen (18) inches high and three (3) inches wide.
- Numbers shall be painted in contrasting colors to the car on both doors and the roof. Reflective chrome, gold or prism numbers will not be acceptable.
- Roof numbers should be visible as read from the grandstand side of the car.
- The car number must appear in six (6) inch high numbers in the uppermost corner of the windshield on the passenger side and also on the right rear.
- Two way communications shall be allowed; however, Wiscasset Speedway Management will require frequency registration.
- RACEceivers are mandatory equipment.
All race car components, including sealed engines, may be subject to teardown/dismantle inspection at any time. Refer to General Rules – Tech Information Section.
For the purpose of rule interpretation, the definition of OEM is a part specified by the manufacturer as being for a specific make, year, model of automobile or a commonly available replacement parts supplier such as NAPA, Car Quest, O’Reilly, etc. This does not include GM Bowtie or Ford SVO.
Motorsports At All Levels Pose A Risk To Your Well Being. Following The Rules Set Forth By Wiscasset Speedway In No Way Guarantees Or Suggests Your Safety.
Wiscasset Speedway Reserves The Right To Modify This Document At Any Time. Such Modifications Will Become Effective And Enforced On The Next Race Date.
Last Edit 12/2/16