2017 HOOSIER TIRE PRICES
Outlaw Mini $109.00 + $6.00 = $115.00 ea
NEFCPS $109.00 + $6.00 = $115.00 ea
Strictly Street $113.74 + $6.26 = $120.00 ea
Super Street $123.22 + $6.78 = $130.00 ea
Modified $132.70 + $7.30 = $140.00 ea
Late Model $132.70 + $7.30 = $140.00 ea
Pro Stock $142.18 + $7.82 = $150.00 ea
The following is the list of dates that Prostock teams will be permitted to purchase 2 tires
All other Prostock race dates, teams are permitted to purchase 1 tire. See Tire Rules for further details
TIRE MANAGER = TBA
- Wiscasset Speedway shall keep a registered inventory of tires for each race team with all tires being registered to the car number. Race teams shall be responsible for their own tire management. Wiscasset Speedway will not impound, manage or provide storage for team tires.
- From April 7th to May 4th, teams shall have the option to purchase a maximum of six (6) new tires to begin their registered tire inventory for the 2017 racing season. Beginning May 5th on actual race events thereafter, teams shall have the option to purchase a maximum of one (1) new tire for their registered tire inventory. Should the option of one (1) new tire purchase not be exercised, the option is forfeited. All tires shall be registered to the car number. (Maximum obtainable amount for the year is seventeen (17) tires).
- Race teams racing for the first time after May 4th shall have the option to purchase a maximum of four (4) new tires to begin their registered tire inventory and on actual scheduled race events thereafter, shall have the option of purchasing a maximum of one (1) new tire for their registered tire inventory. Should the option of one (1) new tire purchase not be exercised, the option shall be forfeited. All tires shall be registered to the car number.
- Should a tire be damaged during the race event, it shall be the responsibility of the race team to present the damaged tire that day and within a timely manner to Tech for inspection. All tire replacements must have a written record with Tech regarding inspection and approval for replacement. Only tires with 50% or more tread will be eligible for replacement. Replacement of damaged tires will be limited to three (3) for the season. Replacements shall be recorded in computer inventory. No Exceptions.
- All cars are subject to random testing at the discretion of Tech, durometer testing will be conducted On Track after heats and features of the top five (5) cars. Cars shall report to pre-designated location for mandatory testing by Track Official. Failure to report for testing will result in loss of heat points and start feature at the rear of the field.
- Failure to meet the 2018 division preset number (Refer Below) will be subject to penalty as follows: Heats: illegal tire(s) held at Tech for the remainder of the race event and not allowed again until cleared by Tech; forfeiture of heat points and feature start is rear of the field. Features: Full DQ with illegal tire(s) not allowed again until cleared by Tech. Illegal tires shall be recorded in computer inventory.
- While division participants agree use of tire conditioning agents is difficult to police – all agree application of such will not be allowed at the track.
- With respect to the fairness of competition, we request all tires be purchased from Wiscasset Speedway. Once tires have been removed from the sales area they cannot be returned or exchanged. All tires shall be registered to the car and only registered tires will be accepted upon post race inspection. A car running unregistered tires shall result in disqualification.
2018 DUROMETER LIMIT PRESET BY EACH DIVISION
*- PROSTOCK = Right Side 50 – Left Side 45 No Allowance
*- LATE MODEL / MODIFIED = Right Side 50 – Left Side 45 No Allowance
*- SUPER STREET = Right Side 50 – Left Side 45 No Allowance
*- STRICTLY STREET = Right Side 52 – Left Side 45 No Allowance
*- OUTLAW MINI = Right Side 50 – Left Side 45 No Allowance
*- 4 CYLINDER PRO = Right Side 50 – Left Side 45 No Allowance
* Speedway management reserves the right to modify tire rules in conjunction with division needs & concerns.
* Practice tires may be purchased and designated for practice at the point of purchase.
Last Edit 11/20/17
2018 RACEceiver POLICY
RACEceivers (OR MONITORING OF TRACK RACEciever FREQUENCY) IS MANDATORY FOR ALL DIVISIONS.
* RACEceiver Frequency – 454.000
2018 Transponders- AMB / MyLaps
TRANSPONDERS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL DIVISIONS.
PIT PADS / NUMBER REGISTRATION
Please call Vanessa at the Speedway office 491-3720 to reserve
Now taking registration of numbers & reservation of pit pads.
First Come – First Serve !!
Pit Pad rentals are available now. This is not mandatory but recommended if you want to use the same pit stall each time you race. charge is $50 for the season -if you’re only racing in 1 group every other week (but be aware it will be used by another driver on the alternate week) If you’re racing in more than 1 group and need to reserve a pad to use every week, the charge is $100 for the season. If you choose not to rent a pit pad, then you will use what ever is open on the night you race, first come – first serve, no guarantees.
Last Edit 11/20/17