2017 HOOSIER TIRE PRICES
Outlaw Mini $109.00 + $6.00 = $115.00 ea
NEFCPS $109.00 + $6.00 = $115.00 ea
Strictly Street $113.74 + $6.26 = $120.00 ea
Super Street $123.22 + $6.78 = $130.00 ea
Modified $132.70 + $7.30 = $140.00 ea
Late Model $132.70 + $7.30 = $140.00 ea
Pro Stock $142.18 + $7.82 = $150.00 ea
IMPORTANT TIRE UPDATE !!
The following is the list of dates that Prostock teams will be permitted to purchase 2 tires
All other Prostock race dates, teams are permitted to purchase 1 tire. See Tire Rules for further details
TIRE MANAGER = TBA
- Wiscasset Speedway shall keep a registered inventory of tires for each race team with all tires being registered to the car number. Race teams shall be responsible for their own tire management. Wiscasset Speedway will not impound, manage or provide storage for team tires.
- From April 4th to May 1st, teams shall have the option to purchase a maximum of six (6) new tires to begin their registered tire inventory for the 2017 racing season. Beginning May 2nd, on actual race events thereafter, teams shall have the option to purchase a maximum of one (1) new tire for their registered tire inventory. Should the option of one (1) new tire purchase not be exercised, the option is forfeited. All tires shall be registered to the car number. (Maximum obtainable amount for the year is seventeen (17) tires).
- Race teams racing for the first time after May 2nd shall have the option to purchase a maximum of four (4) new tires to begin their registered tire inventory and on actual scheduled race events thereafter, shall have the option of purchasing a maximum of one (1) new tire for their registered tire inventory. Should the option of one (1) new tire purchase not be exercised, the option shall be forfeited. All tires shall be registered to the car number.
- Should a tire be damaged during the race event, it shall be the responsibility of the race team to present the damaged tire that day and within a timely manner to Tech for inspection. All tire replacements must have a written record with Tech regarding inspection and approval for replacement. Only tires with 50% or more tread will be eligible for replacement. REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED TIRES WILL BE LIMITED TO THREE (3) FOR THE SEASON – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Durometer testing shall be done ON TRACK at the completion of each heat race and each feature. The top 3 from each heat race and top 5 from each feature shall be required to stop at a designated location to submit to a mandatory durometer test by a track official.
- If a driver fails to stop for durometer check at the completion of the heat race, they will forfeit heat points and will start feature at the rear of the field.
- If a car fails a durometer check in the heat race, driver forfeits heat points, starts feature at the rear of the field, and the illegal tire will be held in tech until the completion of the race event.
- If a car fails a durometer check in feature, result is a full event DQ (no points / no money)
- Any tires that fail durometer test will be marked as “illegal” in the driver’s computerized inventory. These tires will not be permitted for use in a race until they are re-checked and cleared by track management.
- With respect to the fairness of competition, we request all tires be purchased from Wiscasset Speedway. Once tires have been removed from the sales area they cannot be returned or exchanged. All tires shall be registered to the car and only registered tires will be accepted upon post race inspection. A car running unregistered tires shall result in disqualification.
DUROMETER LIMIT FOR EACH CLASS 2017
*- PROSTOCK = 50
*- LATE MODEL / MODIFIED = 50
*- SUPER STREET = 50
*- STRICTLY STREET = 55
*- OUTLAW MINI = 55
*- 4 CYLINDER PRO = 55
* Speedway management reserves the right to modify tire rules in conjunction with division needs & concerns.
* Practice tires may be purchased and designated for practice at the point of purchase.
NOTE = USE OF RACE-CEIVERS (OR MONITORING OF TRACK RACE-CEIVER FREQUENCY) WILL BE MANDATORY FOR ALL CLASSES FOR THE 2017 SEASON.
* RACEceiver Frequency – 454.000
TRANSPONDERS – AMB / MyLaps
PIT PADS / NUMBER REGISTRATION
Please call Vanessa at the Speedway office 491-3720 to reserve
Now taking registration of numbers & reservation of pit pads.
First Come – First Serve !!
Pit Pad rentals are available now. This is not mandatory but recommended if you want to use the same pit stall each time you race. charge is $50 for the season -if you’re only racing in 1 group every other week (but be aware it will be used by another driver on the alternate week) If you’re racing in more than 1 group and need to reserve a pad to use every week, the charge is $100 for the season. If you choose not to rent a pit pad, then you will use what ever is open on the night you race, first come – first serve, no guarantees.