TECH DIRECTOR = DAVE BRANNON (207) 504-3114 (a limited number of phone calls will be permitted per race team – choose them wisely)
TECH ASSISTANT = BRYAN POTTER
TECH EMAIL = WISCASSETSPEEDWAYTECH@GMAIL.COM
This page is for the Wiscasset Speedway Tech Dept to communicate directly with you the racer. Important updates and alerts will be posted here, as well post-race tech results.
MESSAGE FROM TECH DIRECTOR DAVE BRANNON (4/17/18)
- ALL RACE TEAMS: It is the responsibility of all race teams to know and follow the rulebook. Tech will enforce the written rules. Tech will not debate the rule book on race day.
- ALL STRICTLY STREET TEAMS: These cars do not use heim joints anywhere other than the steering shaft. If you built a Super Street, please enter it in the Super Street class.
IMPORTANT RULES & REMINDERS FOR 2018
- TIRE SOFTENER / TIRES – While race teams are still permitted to manage their own tires and self-store them at their home or race shop during the week, the APPLICATION of Tire Softener while on the grounds of Wiscasset Speedway is strictly PROHIBITED. Strict durometer limits will be followed as well. See Tire rules for further details CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- SAFETY INSPECTION – all competitors must complete a mandatory safety inspection of their car before competing at Wiscasset Speedway. A compliance sticker will be displayed on the windshield of the car once it has passed. Reminder – this is to show compliance of safety equipment ONLY (this does not declare that your car meets required rules for your class)
- TRANSPONDERS – If you have your own transponder, make sure your yearly subscription has been renewed with MyLaps, in order for your transponder to function properly. Wiscasset Speedway will also have transponders for rent as always
- RACECEIVERS – Raceceivers are required for ALL competitors in 2018. They may be used by the spotter if preferred (however if there is consistent lack of response to orders from race control, then the driver will be required to be the one to use it)
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REVIEW ALL RULES (General Rules, Race Rules, Division Rules)